Harmony Remote Won't Change All Inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmony Remote Won't Change All Inputs

Hey guys and gals! I recently got the Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4 SSE system, but I get very confused when it comes to CEC and things of that nature.

To preface this post, I'm using a Logitech Harmony smart control remote with the hub to turn everything on/off and to control the volume of my Nakamichi.

It mostly works well, but I'm having two issues:

1. Depending on which activity I start with my Harmony, it powers everything on, including my Naka, but it doesn't change the input of my bar. Is the Harmony not capable of that with this bar? CEC issue?

**UPDATE**
    Out of my 3 Harmony activities, the only one that changes inputs is the activity for my Panasonic DP-UB820. When I start that activity, it changes the input on my Naka. The other 2 activities it will not change the input. So this has to be something with CEC on the devices I'm guessing? Because I now know that the Harmony activities are capable of changing the inputs.

2. After everything has been off for a while and I turn everything back on, I noticed the subwoofer and rears take a bit to connect, and once they do, they don't work or engage. I usually have to put on some content from Disney+ or similar and switch back to our AT&T TV channel/app on our Roku Ultra 2020 before they start working again.

For reference, here is my setup:

TV: Sony A8H OLED
    Soundbar: Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1.4 SSE
    HDMI 2: Roku Ultra 2020
    HDMI 3: Panasonic DP-UB820
    HDMI 4: Xbox One X

My Naka goes out to my eArc input on my Sony TV.

The most used activity with my Harmony is "Watch TV" which includes my TV, Roku Ultra 2020 and Naka. We use AT&T TV for our TV service. When I set up the activity in my Harmony, it asks which Roku channel/app to boot up with. I chose AT&T TV since that's what we normally use when we boot up. Any ideas why the input doesn't get changed and our subwoofer and rears don't engage after we boot up?

Is it something in the order of our activity with Harmony? Is it because it goes straight into AT&T TV and the Naka doesn't have time to engage before content starts playing? Or is this some sort of CEC issue?

At the moment I have CEC (Bravia Sync) on with my Sony TV. It's lso on with my Naka. Because I use my Harmony do I not need CEC on? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

So idk if this has any effect on it but I was having issues getting cec to switch between my xbox and my fire cube tv. I disabled cec on the TV itself and made sure on the other devices cec was enabled, no issues since. Maybe it might help trying that maybe not.

Comment

Hi WiseGuyDezignz, Happy to help you with these issues you are facing:

Originally posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
      Hey guys and gals! I recently got the Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1.4 SSE system, but I get very confused when it comes to CEC and things of that nature.

1. Depending on which activity I start with my Harmony, it powers everything on, including my Naka, but it doesn't change the input of my bar. Is the Harmony not capable of that with this bar?
      We have some recommended remote action sequences that you may use on your Logitech Harmony remote. Could you try this guide, see if your Logitech Harmony Remote is able to control the soundbar with these steps?

After programming these sequences on your remote control, please follow the guide to turn off HDMI-CEC on your soundbar to ensure that your Logitech remote has full control of your TV and Soundbar system. In addition, when using the Logitech remote, we recommend tilting the remote control towards the soundbar for better remote control performance.

Originally posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post

2. After everything has been off for a while and I turn everything back on, I noticed the subwoofer and rears take a bit to connect
      This might be due to the wireless interference with your home's router, which may be conflicting with the wireless frequencies being usedby the soundbar. Could you also try the steps in this guide to see if this allows subwoofer to connect to the soundbar more quickly?

We look forward to helping you resolves these issues for better soundbar performance

Comment

Originally posted by Cjthespy View Post
        So idk if this has any effect on it but I was having issues getting cec to switch between my xbox and my fire cube tv. I disabled cec on the TV itself and made sure on the other devices cec was enabled, no issues since. Maybe it might help trying that maybe not.
        I will give that a try, it's definitely worth a shot! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverArrowz View Post
          Hi WiseGuyDezignz, Happy to help you with these issues you are facing:

We have some recommended remote action sequences that you may use on your Logitech Harmony remote. Could you try this guide, see if your Logitech Harmony Remote is able to control the soundbar with these steps?

After programming these sequences on your remote control, please follow the guide to turn off HDMI-CEC on your soundbar to ensure that your Logitech remote has full control of your TV and Soundbar system. In addition, when using the Logitech remote, we recommend tilting the remote control towards the soundbar for better remote control performance.

This might be due to the wireless interference with your home's router, which may be conflicting with the wireless frequencies being usedby the soundbar. Could you also try the steps in this guide to see if this allows subwoofer to connect to the soundbar more quickly?

We look forward to helping you resolves these issues for better soundbar performance
          Thank you so much for all of the information! I will try these things and let you know how it goes. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X