Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is your Favorite Placement Option?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdreed1265
    replied
    I have been using SSE 2 and Medium or Large room for awhile now and it works quite well. My couch is against the wall and so unable to actually get the rear speaker behind me. As an experiment, I moved the rear speakers a little further away from the listening area, turned the rear speaker level up to compensate for this, and actually angled the rear speaker towards the back wall. The sound now seems to bounce off the rear wall and gives much more height effect than before as well as feeling the sound is coming from behind me. They are still angled toward the listening area, but about a 45 degree angle towards the wall.

Just wanted to share this in case anyone else has a similar configuration with a couch against the wall (which I'm sure is pretty common).

Leave a comment:

• tdreed1265
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you SilverArrowz!

• SilverArrowz
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, all 3 modes will give an additional sense of height via our audio processing engines, in conjunction with the rear speaker angles that you might utilize. Feel free to use any SSE mode or rear speaker angles which deliver the best sense of height.

Hope this helps!

• tdreed1265
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, thank you for the confirmation of the SSE software working with all speaker elevations. I will play more around with the SSE modes. I had made the assumption (possibly incorrectly) that the only time ATMOS was being processed for "height" effect was using SSE 3. It sounds like all 3 modes will give "height"?

• SilverArrowz
    replied
    Hi TDreed, the SSE Software runs the same regardless of speaker orientation. Apart from adjusting the speaker orientation, do try out the different SSE Modes (SSE 1 - 3), which adjusts the amount of perceived height effects. While their are recommended room sizes for each mode, feel free to select a setting that sounds best to you.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SSE Room Sizes.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1016
    Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• tdreed1265
    replied
    I continue to struggle with speaker elevation. I get to a configuration I like and then feel like I'm missing something. Right now I'm using "Full" which I feel should be the "best". I guess I'm overthinking it, but does the software perform the same regardless of the orientation? Looking for any commentary. Thanks.
    Last edited by tdreed1265; 04-30-2022, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SilverArrowz
    replied
    Originally posted by neilgary View Post
    Need help setting up my Nakamichi 7.2.4 sound system.
    Hi Neilgary, congrats on purchasing a Shockwafe 7.2! We have some comprehensive, easy to use resources to get your 7.2.4 up and running:I would also highly recommend reading the Quick Start Guide and Manual to get the most out of your Shockwafe. Hope this helps, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 😁

Leave a comment:

• neilgary
    replied
    Need help setting up my Nakamichi 7.2.4 sound system.

Leave a comment:

• Sincabloc
    started a poll Which is your Favorite Placement Option?

Which is your Favorite Placement Option?

Signature
    47.06%
    Dipole 1
    5.88%
    Dipole 2
    5.88%
    Full
    23.53%
    Hybrid Elevation 1
    5.88%
    Hybrid Elevation 2
    23.53%
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6 Placement Options.png
Views:	745
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	558
    Did you know? The surround speakers on the Shockwafe 9.2 Ultra can be oriented in up to 6 different configurations to match your listening preferences and acoustics of your room. Which placement option do you like best?
Working...
X