Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is your Favorite Placement Option?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is your Favorite Placement Option?

Click image for larger version

Name:	6 Placement Options.png
Views:	421
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	558
    Did you know? The surround speakers on the Shockwafe 9.2 Ultra can be oriented in up to 6 different configurations to match your listening preferences and acoustics of your room. Which placement option do you like best?
    Signature
    43.75%
    Dipole 1
    6.25%
    Dipole 2
    6.25%
    Full
    25.00%
    Hybrid Elevation 1
    6.25%
    Hybrid Elevation 2
    25.00%

Need help setting up my Nakamichi 7.2.4 sound system.

Comment

Originally posted by neilgary View Post
      Need help setting up my Nakamichi 7.2.4 sound system.
      Hi Neilgary, congrats on purchasing a Shockwafe 7.2! We have some comprehensive, easy to use resources to get your 7.2.4 up and running:I would also highly recommend reading the Quick Start Guide and Manual to get the most out of your Shockwafe. Hope this helps, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 😁
      Nakamichi Ninja - For support and direct contact options, visit our Helpdesk. Thank you!

Comment

I continue to struggle with speaker elevation. I get to a configuration I like and then feel like I'm missing something. Right now I'm using "Full" which I feel should be the "best". I guess I'm overthinking it, but does the software perform the same regardless of the orientation? Looking for any commentary. Thanks.
        Last edited by tdreed1265; 04-30-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Hi TDreed, the SSE Software runs the same regardless of speaker orientation. Apart from adjusting the speaker orientation, do try out the different SSE Modes (SSE 1 - 3), which adjusts the amount of perceived height effects. While their are recommended room sizes for each mode, feel free to select a setting that sounds best to you.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SSE Room Sizes.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1016
          Hope this helps!
          Nakamichi Ninja - For support and direct contact options, visit our Helpdesk. Thank you!

Comment

• tdreed1265
            tdreed1265 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, thank you for the confirmation of the SSE software working with all speaker elevations. I will play more around with the SSE modes. I had made the assumption (possibly incorrectly) that the only time ATMOS was being processed for "height" effect was using SSE 3. It sounds like all 3 modes will give "height"?

• SilverArrowz
            SilverArrowz commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, all 3 modes will give an additional sense of height via our audio processing engines, in conjunction with the rear speaker angles that you might utilize. Feel free to use any SSE mode or rear speaker angles which deliver the best sense of height.

Hope this helps!

• tdreed1265
            tdreed1265 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you SilverArrowz!
        Working...
        X