firmware update on sse 9.2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firmware update on sse 9.2.4

I went to the nakamichi site and looked at how to upgrade the firmware. my current firmware is fw33. On watching the help video, the 2 bin files had a size of 4380kb, however upon downloading and saving the BIN files form the site i noticed that the FW_92SSE.BIN file only had 193kb!! should i continue with the upgrade or there is a fault in the files i downloaded. please advice ... dont want to end up with an nonworking system

Hi Slickyrick,

You may download the latest Firmware (FW35) and follow the instructions from this website: https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...re-upgrade-all
    As seen in "step 2" of the installation guide, inside the zip file, there are 2 firmware files: "FW_U92.BIN" & "FW_92SSE.BIN". Please unzip the file, and copy and paste both files into a USB 2.0 drive formatted in FAT/FAT16/FAT32 that has less than 16GB capacity. Do not rename the files. It is normal for both files to have different file sizes (~193KB and 4380KB).

The website above also includes a video to walk you through each step. feel free to review them

Since you are coming from FW33, FW35 adds an "All Channel Stereo Mode" that enhances audio playback for stereo content (e.g. Youtube videos/Music on Spotify). Press the "Stereo" button to access this mode. When Watching movies, do press the Direct button to switch back to "Dolby Surround" for surround sound.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy the latest firmware update!
    Nakamichi Ninja - For support and direct contact options, visit our Helpdesk. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks SilverArrowz. i feel more confident in installing the firmware update.. will let you all know how it goes.

Comment

Ok... the update was easy enough... took all of 5minutes to do.. just follow the instructions and everything should be problem free.. thanks again SilverA

Comment

I hope our ninjas could still chime in... after the firmware update, I noticed that the tv remote now does not turn on the soundbar... it would however turn it off!... in order for the soundbar to turn on I would have to set the sound output on the tv to hdmi, then the soundbar would turn on... apparently, after the firmware update the soundbar is not detected by the tv when off so the tv defaults to tv speaker for sound output... but once the tv and soundbar is on, when the tv is turned off the soundbar knows the tv was turned off and turns off... what do we need to do?

Comment

Originally posted by slickyrick View Post
            I hope our ninjas could still chime in... after the firmware update, I noticed that the tv remote now does not turn on the soundbar... it would however turn it off!... in order for the soundbar to turn on I would have to set the sound output on the tv to hdmi, then the soundbar would turn on... apparently, after the firmware update the soundbar is not detected by the tv when off so the tv defaults to tv speaker for sound output... but once the tv and soundbar is on, when the tv is turned off the soundbar knows the tv was turned off and turns off... what do we need to do?
            Hi SlickyRick, as long as the soundbar is in ARC mode, and TV audio output is set to output sound to the soundbar, your TV remote should be able to turn the Soundbar On and Off, just like before. You can try the following

1. Perform a soft reset + hard reset with HDMI Connection refresh. This will refresh the HDMI handshake since the soundbar is running updated firmware:
            https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...from-my-system

2. After performing step 1, you can check out our helpdesk for recommended HDMI - CEC settings that should keep your shockwafe connected to your TV properly. As a bonus, you can also check out our recommended audio settings to ensure the TV is sending the best available sound to your 9.2.4.

https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...i-cec-settings
            https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.com/audio-settings

Hope this helps!
            Last edited by SilverArrowz; 08-12-2022, 01:53 AM.
            Nakamichi Ninja - For support and direct contact options, visit our Helpdesk. Thank you!

Comment

the problem is the tv reverts back to tv speaker output everytime i turn it off.. the signal that indicates that the soundbar is connected is not there making the tv revert to its default tv speaker output...

Comment

ok brother, our jonathan hoang set me new files for the update. both bin files now have the same size instead of the one that i uploaded into the system. the one i uploaded had 193kb only on one file. this new file sent both has 4380 kb on both BIN files. please advice if i need to reupload this update...

Comment

I'm glad to hear you're in contact with Jon! Since he has provided you firmware files, please try updating the soundbar with those files instead to see if it resolves this. Also, do ensure that you remove previous firmware files from your USB drive before pasting in these new files to run another firmware update.

Do let Jon know if the new firmware files resolve this behavior

Comment

Silver, the problem was solved by uploading the firmware that was provided by our friend. Now, it seems all is well and better... I am listening if settings can make it better... thanks all... I am starting to appreciate the system

Comment

Originally posted by slickyrick View Post
                      Silver, the problem was solved by uploading the firmware that was provided by our friend. Now, it seems all is well and better... I am listening if settings can make it better... thanks all... I am starting to appreciate the system
                      You're welcome! Do experiment with different SSE and Room Settings to unlock the most from your shockwafe.
                      You may wish to refer to our User Manual or Starter Guide for more information: https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...resource-guide

Have a great weekend!

Comment

It's back!!! The tv reverts back to output sound to tv speaker when everything is turned off!! Seems like the soundbar is not seen by the tv when turned off....

Comment

That sounds pretty normal. Was your soundbar plugged in to power but turned off (standby)? At least on my 7.2, as long as the bar is on standby, and was previously on ARC before it was last turned off, my Samsung TV can turn it on/off.

So far the only exception is when the bar was on bluetooth mode before being powered off. Then I'll need to turn on the soundbar manually with the TV. But after that, the TV can turn the bar off/on as usual.

Comment

hi Wavy, to be clear the remote does not control the soundbar when turning on. the appliance is never unplugged only turned off. i had this issue when i first updated the firmware. i then changed the firmware as advice by our ninjas.. this fixed the issue but now it seems the problem is back.. the tv reverts back to tv output everytime the system is turned off so the soundbar does not recognize the system is being turned on. even as i set the output to receiver, once turned off the tv reverts back to tv speaker as if the soundbar was not connected
                            Last edited by slickyrick; 08-30-2022, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X