Regarding the peak power of the eARC Shockwafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the peak power of the eARC Shockwafe

Greetings, I would like to know how much power exactly does this Soundbar uses, does it use the whole 1300Watt power very often or it’s more variable dependent on the type of content being streamed/played, etc. I was trying to Google this before posting but I couldn’t get any detailed info other than what each speaker wattage value is.

My question is mostly about how much continuous power this Soundbar uses on different tasks and when exactly is the 1300 Peak Wattage used, is it more due to the volume level, etc?

Thanks in advance for any replies to this question!

Their website shows the following info:
    400W (Soundbar)
    150W (Surround Left & Right)
    150W (Surround Back Left & Right)
    600W (Subwoofers)

https://www.nakamichi-usa.com/shockwafe-ultra-92-earc

The soundbar definitely doesn't use full power always though. Generally, the louder you play your content (and harder the speakers are being driven), the higher the power consumption. It also depends on content dynamics. For example in a movie, the subs could use 600w momentarily if there's a strong bass note (e.g. a big explosion), but much less in normal dialog scenes. I think of this as the maximum power the soundbar can deliver during the most intense parts of the movie to make things exciting.

So I wouldn't worry about power consumption - it's not gonna draw so much power from the mains to do anything bad to your house wiring. All the subs and soundbar on my 800W 7.2 SSE are connected to 1 socket, No issues.

You got me itching for an upgrade tho lol
    Last edited by WavyTroyz; 06-21-2022, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WavyTroyz View Post
      Their website shows the following info:
      400W (Soundbar)
      150W (Surround Left & Right)
      150W (Surround Back Left & Right)
      600W (Subwoofers)

https://www.nakamichi-usa.com/shockwafe-ultra-92-earc

The soundbar definitely doesn't use full power always though. Generally, the louder you play your content (and harder the speakers are being driven), the higher the power consumption. It also depends on content dynamics. For example in a movie, the subs could use 600w momentarily if there's a strong bass note (e.g. a big explosion), but much less in normal dialog scenes. I think of this as the maximum power the soundbar can deliver during the most intense parts of the movie to make things exciting.

So I wouldn't worry about power consumption - it's not gonna draw so much power from the mains to do anything bad to your house wiring. All the subs and soundbar on my 800W 7.2 SSE are connected to 1 socket, No issues.

You got me itching for an upgrade tho lol
      Thanks for the info, yes it's pretty much what I wanted to find out exactly if the power delivery depends on volume, among other factors.

I have never owned a Nakamichi Soundbar before, I've been researching a lot recently before my next big purchase and so far this new eARC 2022 model seems to be the most powerful Soundbar so far with regards to bass, features, audio codecs support, etc. for the price in comparison to the other big brands out there. So, I'm really looking forward buying one of these which I'm currently doing a little savings for.

Any tips in regards to which audio settings you recommend seems you own one. Do you use any of the DSP, MOVIE, GAME, MUSIC, etc or you are more of a purist and you turn DSP OFF and use Direct settings. This model in particular has a lot of settings which I believe will take quite sometime after the first boot to get the audio to my own liking and what sounds best for the space it will be in. What I have a curiosity is, if this soundbar uses DSP presets alongside the "Surround" options of Dolby Surround, UpMix or in the case of a DTS source if it uses DSP presets along side DTS Neural-X, etc. does your 7.2 has these settings as well? if so, what are your recommendations for the most immersive yet true to the source's original channel mix. I mean it as that the content doesn't sound overly processed but still has some kind of audio immersive experience.
      Last edited by Nuklear92; 06-21-2022, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X