Static from side and rear speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static from side and rear speakers

I've had my Nakimichi 9.2 for about 2 years now and have yet to find a resolution in regards to static noise from side and rear speakers. I've been on the latest firmware, have high speed hdmi cables, and followed all of the troubleshooting steps with no success. I am even getting the same results with my router unplugged and playing music via Bluetooth connection. I don't understand and I've just about had it with this system and the terrible quality of sound. Anyone else experiencing the same issue or find a resolution? Thanks.

Yikes, sounds like you'll need help from their support. I have a 7.2.4 and I couldn't be happier with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeMusic View Post
      I've had my Nakimichi 9.2 for about 2 years now and have yet to find a resolution in regards to static noise from side and rear speakers. I've been on the latest firmware, have high speed hdmi cables, and followed all of the troubleshooting steps with no success. I am even getting the same results with my router unplugged and playing music via Bluetooth connection. I don't understand and I've just about had it with this system and the terrible quality of sound. Anyone else experiencing the same issue or find a resolution? Thanks.
      I've been having the same issues for a while, haven't found a solution even going back and forth with support. Lots of interference seems to be occurring even without Wi-Fi on as you mentioned. Wasn't having this problem a few months back, so not sure what happened.

Comment

It's so frustrating, I've spent so much time researching online trying to find a solution and also have been in contact with support in the past at least twice with no fix. I have tried every setting on the remote, multiple soft and hard resets and cable reconnections. I can sometimes get the system to sound bearable depending on which setting I select on the remote but for the most part, the quality from all the surround speakers sounds terrible, ranging from static sounding distortion, audio that will not sound full or as if it's cutting out, echoed sounding audio, or little to no audio from them at all. We all know it wasn't cheap. I don't understand why it's got so many issues and can't be fixed. I really wanted to love this system but just can't and I'm stuck with it as I am now a stay at home parent with no income and cannot afford to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangeMusic View Post
          It's so frustrating, I've spent so much time researching online trying to find a solution and also have been in contact with support in the past at least twice with no fix. I have tried every setting on the remote, multiple soft and hard resets and cable reconnections. I can sometimes get the system to sound bearable depending on which setting I select on the remote but for the most part, the quality from all the surround speakers sounds terrible, ranging from static sounding distortion, audio that will not sound full or as if it's cutting out, echoed sounding audio, or little to no audio from them at all. We all know it wasn't cheap. I don't understand why it's got so many issues and can't be fixed. I really wanted to love this system but just can't and I'm stuck with it as I am now a stay at home parent with no income and cannot afford to replace it.
          Do you also have issues with your subs making weird rattling/rumbling noises when there shouldn't be much bass? I usually have that going on as well. Replaced all my HDMI cables to see if it would fix it but it didn't.

Comment

Hi Chrisbazz and StrangeMusic, we're sorry to hear that you are encountering abnormal noises while using your Shockwafe. Both of your symptoms are likely to be caused by wireless interference. By default, Our Shockwafe SSE uses the 5.8Ghz Industry standard wireless frequency. However, this bandwidth can sometimes be occupied by a nearby wireless router (e.g. from your home or a neighbor's), which can cause the symptoms you are describing.

Could you try turning on DF Mode on your Soundbar? Your soundbar will need to be on FW35 to access this mode.

1. To Check your Soundbar's firmware version: please turn on your soundbar, and press the "INFO" button on your remote, until the display shows "FWXX". If your soundbar is on older firmware, you may follow the instructions on this website to download and install the latest firmware first.

2. To Turn on DF Mode,
            1. Switch soundbar to HDMI ARC .
            2. Press SETUP button on your remote several times until you see D FRQ .
            3. Press ENTER
            4. Press the left and right arrow key to change the selection value, which will turn DF OFF to DF ON
            5. Press ENTER to save your settings value
            3. If the above does not work, you may refer to this website for more potential resolutions to resolve this. For Tri-Band/Mesh routers, We would recommend configuring the Wireless channels manually, if your router allows you to do so.

4. In rare instances, surrounding materials such as metal frames and furniture can block and weaken the signal, causing wireless interference symptoms. You may visit this link to learn more. If the above steps do not work, we recommend repositioning the subwoofers closer to the soundbar, as well as removing any potential obstructions between the soundbar and subwoofers to ensure maximum wireless and audio performance.

Please feel free to PM me or Email our ninja team directly for further assistance. Thank you!
            Nakamichi Ninja - For support and direct contact options, visit our Helpdesk. Thank you!

Comment

Yes, I am an the latest firmware 35 and have tried the wifi channel method. Have also tried playing music via Bluetooth with my router powered off and moved the subs closer to the soundbar with the same result.

Comment

• SilverArrowz
                SilverArrowz
                Nakamichi Ninja
                SilverArrowz commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to hear about that; Please check your private messages - we'd like to better understand the issues you are experiencing. Thank you!

• Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz commented
                Editing a comment
                Same thing here, I honestly think it's something with my bar itself as it also has power supply hiss. I was told I can send it in and pay the fee since it's out of warranty, or buy a refurbished bar. I am trying to avoid doing either one of those, but might have to at this point as nothing seems to help.

Yeah, I'm not sure if my soundbar is in any way defective or not but it seems possible. I heard the same but I'm really tight on money these days. Also afraid that if I do send it back and have to pay for a replacement that there's a possibility I'll test the new unit and find to have the same issues.

Comment

• Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here in regards to having the same issue. I wish there was a way to try a new one. Otherwise I'm considering just buying a different system even though I love this one when it works properly.

• Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz commented
                Editing a comment
                Let me know if you end up finding any solution, I'll do the same. I even purchased some ferrite core filters for all of my cables to see if that would help, didn't seem to make a difference as it stopped for a few days and came back which always seems to happen.

I'm in contact with support atm I have just recorded two video clips of audio samples for them to view. The audio sounds extremely echoed, unclear, distorted/not full. I have done this for support in the past but I think we just came to a dead end and stopped contacting each other, so long ago i can't remember. For the most part I try to just ignore tge fact that I'm not getting the audio quality I'm supposed to from this system and play everything in all channel mode which ends up sounding the best, even through I am only getting stereo sound though all channels. I honestly can't tell you how Dolby atmos sounds because I don't belive I've ever gotten that quality from the system even from(Dolby Surround mode). I actually have a question for you. When you press your info button and stream something that has Dolby Almos sound what does your soundbar display? Mine for the most part displays Dolby Digital but the audio quality from the surround and rear speakers is not clear, and static sounding. I try to ignore it or pretend the system sounds fine at higher volumes, but I know I'm not getting the sound quality I'm supposed to and it drives me crazy knowing it in the back of my mind.

Comment

• Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz commented
                Editing a comment
                If I am playing something with Dolby Atmos it displays Dolby Atmos generally, sometimes it will say PCM but i can eventually get it to switch to Dolby Atmos after stopping and starting a few times. DTS-HD seems to be the biggest issue for my system as often times it will not have any sound until I restart the bar or restart the videos multiple times. My system also bugs out randomly and makes very loud noises that scare my hold household LOL. Seeing as these issues don't seem to be widespread it really makes me think our bars can be causing the issue. I just really don't want to spend all the money to ship it, get it repaired and then it might have the same issue like you said earlier.

• Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz commented
                Editing a comment
                My subs often sound like the ones in this video someone uploaded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkCmST58zTc Some comments said changing HDMI cables fixed it, but I've tried numerous kinds including the Bluerigger cables Nakamichi recommends.

• SilverArrowz
                SilverArrowz
                Nakamichi Ninja
                SilverArrowz commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Chrisbazz, I have sent you a PM to see if we can better assist you on resolving the rumbling noises from your shockwafe's subwoofer. The symptoms in the youtube video is usually a sign of Wireless interference, either with your router, or a nearby neighbour's (if you live in an apartment). Look forward to assisting you on this.

I've never had that experience from my subs, or really noticed an issue with them besides from maybe not being as responsive or as low of frequency as they should sound. My issues are with the sound quality from the surround and rear speakers. Did you happen to see my question about the display on the soundbar when hitting the info button ? Does your display anything other than Dolby digital when in Dolby surround mode? I was just curious if it was supposed to display Dolby atmos while playing streaming content with Dolby atmos.

Comment

• Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz
                Chrisbazz commented
                Editing a comment
                It does display Dolby Atmos if the device is passing it through properly, but sometimes I need to stop the video a few times to get it to display it.

Ah, I had a feeling it was supposed to. My bar has never displayed Dolby atmos. Only Dolby digital.

Comment

No changes or fixes yet, I'm really upset and bothered that this whole time I've never even gotten a chance to experience the atmos sound capability of the system. I want to cry 😢

Comment

• Chrisbazz
                  Chrisbazz
                  Chrisbazz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That definitely sucks . Are you using ARC from your TV or are you connecting a streaming device via HDMI?

I am streaming from my apps on the TV, the soundbar is connected to my TV via arc ports.

Comment

I am now in e-mail contact with a nakamichi ninja. I'm actually very confused because I was told that my soundbar can not output Dolby atmos via the arc input without an upgrade service, yet in a past conversation I was told the opposite - atmos sound capability via arc with firmware 35. Either way, I am interested in the upgrade service for my soundbar as I'm hoping whatever it is or does, may remedy all the issues I'm having all around. I'm waiting on an e-mail reply from the nakamichi ninja with further details. I've had this thing for 3 years and haven't been nearly as happy with it as much as I wanted to be. I consider myself somewhat of an audiophile, I own many bluetooth speakers including two fugoo xl, two aiwa exos-9, and a diamondboxx xl2 with a diamondboxx sub 8.2 so as you can see I love my music, and good sound while playing games and watching my streaming apps as well. My last surround system used was an outdated Logitech 5.1 system and I considered the nakamichi a huge upgrade. Although, as I've said earlier with the issues I've encountered with my Nakamichi I've never been happy or even content with it, and now knowing that I've never even experienced the Atmos sound capability, I feel even more crushed. I am hoping more than anything now that Nakamichi can do something in my case and finally make me proud to own it.
                  I only fear now two things:
                  1.The cost of shipping and repair/upgrade service.
                  2. The time it will take for the whole process.
                  (I'm a stay at home parent and use the soundbar connected to my tv throughout the day) will be resorted to tv speakers.
                  StrangeMusic
                  Last edited by StrangeMusic; 01-14-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Not sure if you have been encountering the same issue as I have but have has the rear and sub cutting out and having distortion. Working with support have tried changing WiFi channels, repositioning the sub and router, to no avail. Have tried every trouble shooting found on the site. Spent over 3 weeks sorting this out. BTW, support has been great. What worked for me was connecting my streaming device to the TV and connecting the TV to the Soundbar. This resolved everything.

Vizio M658-G1
                  Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Nvidia Shield Pro 2019

Comment

• Chrisbazz
                    Chrisbazz
                    Chrisbazz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey, the only issue with that is that you lose the ability to play lossless audio tracks. For example a TrueHD Atmos track on a 4k Bluray file won't play correct, it'll likely just be dolby digital.
                Working...
                X